DJI Ronin 4D and the Excessive-Shiny Distant Monitor will get (a minimum of) two firmware updates in 2022. The primary replace in February 2022 provides mirror management mode and clear video output to the distant monitor in addition to help for extra handbook lenses for the Zenmuse X9. The second replace in June 2022 provides help for timecode, sluggish/quick movement of customizable body charges, distant gyro management for the distant monitor, and extra.
Again in October 2021, the Chinese language tech large DJI shocked many filmmakers by saying the 4-axis stabilized digicam system Ronin 4D. With spectacular specs corresponding to ProRes RAW inner recording, LiDAR focusing system, and a 4th stabilization axis, the Ronin 4D positive caught a number of consideration. Try all our earlier articles on this distinctive digicam right here:
Two variations of Zenmuse X9 and new firmware replace roadmap
The Ronin 4D makes use of the newly developed Zenmuse X9 gimbal digicam module which is interchangeable as a result of the X9 might be out there in two variations. The primary one is the X9-6K, which is already out there now (or might be very shortly) and may document video at as much as 6K 60fps. The second model X9-8K is anticipated to be out there in summer time 2022 and might be able to recording video in as much as 8K 75fps.
Now DJI additionally introduced a brand new firmware replace roadmap for the Ronin 4D and for the Excessive-Shiny Distant Monitor. There might be (a minimum of) two main firmware updates this 12 months. The primary one will come very quickly in February 2022 (the precise date will not be 100% fastened but, however we’ll inform you as quickly as potential). The opposite firmware replace is scheduled to return in June 2022. Let’s take a better have a look at what’s coming.
DJI Ronin 4D – February 2022 firmware replace
The primary firmware replace will deliver two new options to the Excessive-Shiny Distant Monitor for the Ronin 4D:
- Mirror management mode – This mode will allow the Excessive-Shiny Distant Monitor to view the person interface of the principle monitor in order that customers can management the DJI Ronin 4D remotely.
- Outputting clear video stream – The distant monitor will be capable to output a clear video stream with none overlay data by way of the HDMI and SDI ports on the Distant Monitor Growth Plate of the distant monitor.
This replace may also deliver help for extra handbook lenses for the Zenmuse X9. Newly, the lenses which have both clockwise or anti-clockwise focusing rings could be correctly (manually) calibrated for all of the autofocus features with the LiDAR sensor.
DJI Ronin 4D – June 2022 firmware replace
The second firmware replace is deliberate to launch in June 2022 and can deliver updates to each the principle digicam physique and the distant monitor. The principle physique will get the next options:
- Assist for timecode and different growth ports – This might be out there by way of the 4D Growth Plate.
- Quick/sluggish movement of customizable body charges – The digicam will help quick or slow-motion modes with customizable body charges of the sensor.
- Outputting clear video stream – Ronin 4D will be capable to output a clear video stream with none overlays by way of the HDMI port of the principle physique.
The Excessive-Shiny Distant Monitor will get the next new options:
- Unbiased recording and playback – Helps inner recording of video and audio indicators despatched to distant monitor in H.264 to microSD card and the playback of internally recorded footage.
- Constructed-in movement management – Turns the distant monitor into an impartial movement controller by way of the built-in gyro to regulate the gimbal of the Ronin 4D.
- HDMI sign enter – Helps the enter of ordinary HDMI 1.4 indicators by way of HDMI enter port on the distant monitor.
Worth and availability
Each firmware updates might be out there as free obtain hyperlinks on the DJI help web site (by way of the DJI Assistant 2 app). The February replace appears to be imminent, however no actual date was confirmed to us but.
The Ronin 4D with Zenmuse X9-6K can at the moment be preordered for $6,799 and the model with the Zenmuse X9-8K is anticipated to value $11,499. After some preliminary delays, delivery appears to be beginning quickly.
Are you planning to make use of the DJI Ronin 4D in your productions? What do you consider the upcoming firmware updates? Tell us within the feedback part beneath the article.