Get your favourite Mexican-inspired flavored with this wholesome and simple Quinoa Taco Salad. This meal with encourage you to include extra plant-based meals into your life which might be filled with taste and good-for-you components.
For so long as I can bear in mind, I’ve been a cookbook collector. Granted, I’m fairly positive all of the cookbooks I “owned” belonged to my mother till I moved away for school, but when we rely these, my assortment has at all times been fairly epic.
Each time a cookbook seems in my mailbox, I’m like a giddy schoolgirl who simply stocked up on a brand new spherical of highlighters. I used to be so excited to get Jessica Murnane’s cookbook, One Half Plant. Her mission is straightforward: Encourage folks to begin consuming one plant-based meal a day. And her cookbook is lastly right here to assist make this mission even simpler for me and also you.
Jess was type sufficient to let me share a recipe so you will get a way of what I imply by approachable, plant-based cooking. This Quinoa Taco Salad got here collectively so rapidly and it’s a type of salads that simply will get higher every day because it sits and melds collectively. And as soon as the quinoa was cooked, it actually took 10 minutes to make.
Right here’s What You Want
- quinoa – cook dinner the quinoa in keeping with bundle instructions and let cool to room temperature. It is a nice recipe to make use of with leftover quinoa as nicely!
- pink onion – add a bit zest with minced pink onion.
- cherry tomatoes – I really like the recent burst of taste cherry tomatoes add. Any sort of tomato will work right here!
- chopped cilantro – by no means doubt the facility of recent herbs!
- black beans – you’ll be able to cook dinner your personal or use canned black beans for a shortcut. In case you’re utilizing canned, be sure to drain and rinse nicely.
- seasonings and spices – chili powder, cumin and sea salt.
- avocado – add wholesome fat with diced avocado.
- lime juice – I like to recommend utilizing freshly squeezed lime juice versus store-bought.
- tortilla chips – non-obligatory however I really like including tortilla chips for crunch!
Easy methods to Make Quinoa Taco Salad
STEP 1: In a small bowl, combine collectively the cumin, chili powder and lime juice and put aside.
STEP 2: In a big bowl, mix the quinoa, onion, tomatoes, cilantro and black beans. Gently stir within the spiced lime juice, tossing to coat. Add salt to style.
STEP 3: Earlier than serving, prime with diced avocado, sizzling sauce and tortilla chips if utilizing.
Easy methods to Retailer Leftovers
This salad shops tremendous nicely! Retailer any leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. I like to recommend squeezing a bit recent lime juice earlier than serving to revive the flavors.
Quinoa Taco Salad
- Cook dinner Time: 40 minutes
- Complete Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup recent lime juice
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa, room temp
- 1/2 small pink onion, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed if canned
- sea salt, to style
- 1 avocado, diced
- Elective toppings: tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, and lime juice and put aside.
- In a big bowl, mix the quinoa, onion, tomatoes, cilantro, and black beans.
- Gently stir within the spiced lime juice and toss to coat.
- Add a pinch of salt and extra lime juice if desired.
- Earlier than serving prime the salad with avocado and sizzling sauce after which a handful of tortilla chips within the bowl or crushed on prime.
- Maintain for as much as 5 days within the fridge and add an additional squeeze of lime juice earlier than serving.
Extra vegan salad recipes to attempt:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Be a part of 20,000+ members of the THM Neighborhood to get entry to unique recipes, wholesome life-style suggestions and behind-the-scenes information from our group!