This simple sausage and potato soup is hearty, wholesome and dairy-free, made creamy by pureeing cannellini beans.
Sausage and Potato Soup
Potato soups are so comforting within the colder months and this sausage and potato soup is certain to be a household dinner pleasure! Made with candy Italian hen, turkey or pork sausage, potatoes, spinach and white beans. A few of my different favourite potato soups chances are you’ll like are Loaded Baked Potato Soup, Potato Leek Soup and Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup.
This recipe is from the Feeding Littles and Past Cookbook; 100 Child-Led-Weaning-Pleasant Recipes the Complete Household Will Love. My pal Ali Maffucci, of Inspiralized and one of many creator’s of this cookbook writes “Chances are you’ll be shocked that this Creamy Sausage Potato Soup has no cream! I do know many households keep away from dairy due to allergic reactions or intolerances however miss the flavour and texture of dairy meals. That’s why I’ve numerous dairy-free-but-still- creamy recipes.”
The important thing to creating this soup creamy with out cream is the cannellini beans. I do that lots with a lot of my soup recipes. Plus beans are full of protein and fiber, including a richness to this soup that enhances the hearty flavors of the Italian sausage. In case you have younger ones, the potatoes are softened making them nice for newbie eaters, passing the “squish take a look at.” Chances are you’ll ask your self why you’ll ever want dairy to thicken a soup once more when you do that trick.
Extra recipes within the cookbook that I can’t wait to make; zucchini and quinoa lasagna, cauliflower parmesan bake and english muffin pizzas, simply to call a number of!
Potato Soup Substances
- Sausage: Use your favourite delicate Italian sausage. I like hen or turkey, however you need to use pork and even vegan sausage can be utilized right here. Should you prefer it scorching, strive utilizing spicy sausage as a substitute.
- Beans: Rinse and drain one can of cannellini beans. I often use any canned white beans I’ve in my pantry, strive Northern or Navy beans.
- Broth: Low-sodium hen or vegetable broth will work.
- Potatoes: Yellow potatoes are used for this soup recipe. You may as well strive pink or any waxy potato.
- Spinach: Add chopped spinach to the pot after the potatoes are tender and simmer for a minute.
- Further taste: Onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper make this wholesome soup so scrumptious.
How lengthy is sausage and potato good for within the fridge?
Inventory your freezer with soup so you may have fast meals available once you’re too busy to cook dinner. This creamy potato and sausage soup will maintain within the fridge for 4 days and within the freezer for 3 months. Reheat it within the microwave or on the range.
What to Serve with Sausage and Potato Soup
This creamy potato soup could be very filling because it has 25 grams of protein from the sausage and beans. Serve it with a slice of crusty bread, and/or a salad and name it a meal!
Extra Soup Recipes You’ll Love:
Sausage and Potato Soup
This simple, comforting sausage and potato soup is hearty and dairy-free, made creamy by pureeing cannellini beans.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 delicate Italian turkey or hen sausage hyperlinks, pork or vegan sausage also can work
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 can, 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 container, 32 ounces low-sodium hen or vegetable broth
- 4 cups cubed yellow potatoes, peeling elective
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to style
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- Warmth a big pot over medium-high warmth and spray with oil.
Add the sausage hyperlinks, crumble, and cook dinner till browned, about 7 minutes, stirring usually. Utilizing a slotted spoon, take away the sausage and put aside in a bowl.
Instantly add 1 teaspoon oil, after which the onion and garlic. Prepare dinner till the greens soften, about 5 minutes.
Add the Italian seasoning and stir effectively to coat the greens. Add the beans and broth to the pot and stir.
Utilizing an immersion blender, mix the soup till creamy. Should you don’t have an immersion blender, switch the soup combination to a high-speed blender and mix till creamy. Return to the pot.
Add the cooked sausage, potatoes, and salt and pepper, and produce the soup to a boil.
Scale back the warmth to a simmer, cowl, and let the soup simmer for about half-hour or till the potatoes are tender.
As soon as the potatoes are tender, add the spinach to the pot. Simmer for 1 minute after which serve.
Serving: 11/2 cups, Energy: 402kcal, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 25g, Fats: 7.5g, Saturated Fats: 2g, Ldl cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 1164mg, Fiber: 9.5g, Sugar: 8g
Key phrases: hearty soup recipes, Potato soup, sausage and potato soup